Saturday, January 17, 2009

Swiss Friends

The kids I met in Switzerland were ALWAYS so kind and welcoming to me. I felt so fortunate to have them as my friends. They would include me in things, translate for me during church and various activities at times, and simply treated me as one of their own. I felt so blessed. They are wonderful people and I miss them!

This was pretty much the first time I spent with these kids. It was a weekend away with the institute group. It was quite the experience. I barely knew four people, all but two who came spoke French (the other two spoke Swiss-German--real helpful), things were fast paced, I didn't know where I was, I had no way of leaving...it was a riot. Quite the three day weekend. However, it turned out to be really fun.


We danced...

(Y.M.C.A. -- can you tell?)

We sang karaoke...

And danced some more. It was a great weekend.


By the end of the weekend, I could not speak French or English. It was the weirdest feeling. I was trying to think of words in French, but then when I got home from my "weekend away" I was webcaming with my family and I COULD NOT remember English. It was the weirdest feeling--not being able to converse and remember anything. I was stuck between two languages.


These are some pictures of one of our Sunday "Canadian dinners" AKA potlucks. (In French a potluck is called a Canadian dinner--cool, ya?)





This is a shot from when Grant and Mom came and visited me in Switzerland. These missionaries were really good and kind to Grant--they are good at including people in conversations.

This picture was taken my very last Sunday in Lausanne. On the left is Barbara and in the middle is Dana. These two girls helped me SO much. I really do owe them a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment